Yes, he's packing heat.
Recipes are presented in comic-strip form. To take a sequential sample from, say, page 144 onward:
- Steak and Kidney Pie
- Tripe and Onions: A Stirring Tale
- Boiled Leg of Mutton with Caper Sauce (to feed over a dozen)
- Osso Buco
- Sharp and Sweet Tongue
- Gird Your Loins (here Len explains various cuts of lamb)
- Corned Beef and the New England Boiled Dinner
- Pork Loaf
- Ris de Veau a La Creme (veal throat, in case you were wondering)
A perusal of Wikipedia indicates that Len is now looking forward to his eightieth birthday and has not yet succumbed to heart disease or assassination. Eat that, nutritionists!
23 Aug 2008